Install A BloomSky Weather Station
So you’ve bought your BloomSky Station, now you want to start your time-lapse adventure as soon as possible. Read below for the quick-start guide on how to install a BloomSky weather station.
Quick Start Install
The BloomSky device will automatically connect to the Wi-Fi network that your phone or tablet is connected to. The installation will not be successful if you are currently connected to a 5G Wi-Fi network or a carrier data plan. For more information, refer to your wifi router guide.
Step 1. Connect your smartphone or tablet to your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network
*Be sure to stay within a 5 foot range of the router during weather station setup to ensure good signal strength between the phone, router, and BloomSky to allow firmware update.
Step 2. Launch the BloomSky app. Log into the account you intend to use to set up the device and initiate the “add device” process.
Step 3. Follow the steps seen below to navigate to “add device”
Step 4. Follow in-app directions to install the BloomSky weather station
Step 5. You’re up and running! Enjoy.
See “additional installation notes” below if installation is unsuccessful
Additional Installation Notes:
The BloomSky station will have to be reset after any unsuccessful installation attempts. To perform a “hard reset” on the BloomSky device after an unsuccessful installation attempt, follow these directions:
- Turn the power button off then on to make sure the device is powered on (green power light)
- Hold down the wifi button (next to the power button on the side of the device), until the green power light goes off and comes back on
- The wifi light should now be blinking red; if the wifi light is not blinking red try the reset process one more time
Common Installation Problems:
- Check the password to your network.
- Router passwords are cAsE SEnsITIve.
- Passwords are typically jibberish, often “corrected” by your mobile device’s auto-correct. Be sure you entered it correctly and it is not changed by the phone.
- Watch out for spaces after your password is entered.
- There must be an available 2.4GHz wifi network, the BloomSky device will not connect to a 5GHz network.
- Many new routers are pre-set to only broadcast a 5G network, or both 2.4G and 5G networks simultaneously with the same name.
- If you are unsure if you have an available 2.4G network, consult your routers instructions or online support forum. This is a common question and easily fixed with a few basic steps.
For additional help email our support team or call the BloomSky support line at +1-650-666-0855